UPDATE on Levi:
Here is where we stand & what the next few months might look like, so that you can all be covering him in prayer...
- Our intitial admit to the hospital was because he was not responding to oral antibiotics after almost 3 weeks. With ear infections and tonsils infected. The Pedi needed to get to the bottom of it to see what the infection was and treat him with IV antibiotics. Also we needed to see what his heart looked like since we knew he had a VSD.
- These are the tests that have been done so far: EKG, ECHO on the heart, an EEG to check for seizures, 4 sticks for an IV, chest xrays, skull xrays. And yesterday we had a picc line put in.
- the Echo showed possible Endocarditis which is rarely seen here in children. They believe that because his teeth are rotten and his mouth is full of abcesses, that the infection from his mouth gradually has spread throughout his body & is now in his heart:(
- He has a VSD, ASD and small mitral valve leak with the beginnings of pulmonary hypertension(that's for all my nurse friends)
- He is on 3 strong Antibiotics and is starting to feel much better!
- The picc line will stay in and he will get daily antibiotics for 4-6 weeks at home.
- Then we will go to Dallas Children's once there is no sign of infection to see a Pediatric Oral surgeon for his teeth(what's left of them), followed by removal of EVERYTHING in his mouth:(
- Once his mouth is healed and no signs of infection. He will have cardiac cath done to see if he is a candidate for heart surgery. If he is (We Pray he is) he will have surgery to close the VSD & ASD.
- We are still waiting to hear from Neurologist to find out if he needs seizure meds.
- And at some point we will have a CT/MRI to check for Craniosynostosis, which will require surgery if he has that as well:(
- These are the 3 major issues that need to be covered with prayer and taken care of First
- Then down the road he will have tonsils & adenoids out, tubes in ears, hernia repair.
OK. I will STOP there!!! Oye! As I read the list of things to be addressed I have such a peace. God has protected this little man. He left us with no expectations of what medical issues Levi might face. Nothing has been a shock, nothing has overwhelmed us. We just have a PEACE that God knew we could rescue him from a place where he would not have survived much longer. And we are SO thankful that God chose our family and all the friends that have loved on him and our family to be apart of this sweet boys LIFE. We are Blessed that God chose us to be his Mommy & Daddy. Let the journey continue...
We LOVE all you guys. We are so thankful for your prayers and support, and thank you for following us on this Mighty Adventure....
Update on Charlie:
- Charlie is excited about starting school on Monday!!! Someone has blessed us by paying tuition for him to attend an amazing school here called Bynum School, for children with Special Needs. We are overwhelmed by the generosity and we are Excited to see him thrive even more.
- He is Sleeping well, Adjusting to our busy life, and of course EATING well!!!
- Today he even washed his hair and his Winnie-the-Pooh in the Toilet.
- And in case your wondering? Charlie has NOT been to Dr. yet. Ha! So Let's start praying that he gets a clean bill of health!
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. ~John 14:27