Our Journey To Charlie & Levi...

After 17yrs of marriage and "8" amazing children, God has continued to keep the fire for adoption burning in our hearts. Crazy?... Maybe?!?! But....Doesn't God call all of us to do CRAZY things for him? Isn't that what it means to Live for Christ? To make a difference ONE orphan at a time. So after months of praying that this little guy would find a forever family, he FINALLY has!! OUR FAMILY!! Join us as we pray, cry, fill out mounds of paperwork & fundraise to bring our son home. We give God all the glory for choosing to adopt us & for giving us the opportunity to Choose Charlie...And because we could not get Zhora(Levi) off our minds and God obviously placed him in our hearts... We're bringing him home too!!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Breakthrough!!!

Todays visit was a little different:) While Levi spent the majority of the visit unpacking and repacking my bag & dragging it around in the dirt, this is what Charlie & I did...

Instead of sitting in my lap facing out, with me singing song after song doing the movements myself.......Charlie stood facing me and did every movement to his 4 favorite songs while I sang (Wheels on the Bus, Lord's Army, Happy & You know it & Pat-a-cake) and then clapped for himself and said Yay!!!!

Instead of looking past me or at the ground and being so rough.....We practiced making eye contact & he held my cheeks gently and looked me in the eyes for the first time!!! (there IS an amazing little boy in there:)

Instead of Throwing himself on the ground when I returned him to his groupa.... He said Paka (bye) and attempted to repeat Mama Zaftra(tomorrow)

And Finally.....

Instead of being grumpy that I was leaving... I blew him a kiss and he stuck his little cheek out for me to kiss it instead!!!! Ahhhh!!! Progress:)

And... Levi:) Still unpacking my bag..LOL

4 comments:

  1. That is wonderful! I am so thrilled for you. Progress is progress and we'll take it! LOL, at Levi, too. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetie - and what a wonderful breakthrough, thanks to your consistent love and tenderness with Charlie. A great foretaste of good things and blessings to come...

    Both your boys are so sweet.

    Susan in Ky

    ReplyDelete
  3. An amazing boy indeed (both of them). Precious boys!! So happy for you. Praise God for break throughs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounds wonderful ! Its amazing what love can do :) I cant wait to meet up in kyiv. we arrive on the 26th :) our we are working w yulia. hugs !

    ReplyDelete